Currently we have openings for Cobol Programmers with one of our client in Tarrytown, NY.
Job Title: Cobol Programmers
Location: Tarrytown, NY
Position type: 9 Months Contract W2
• Must have at least 5-7 years' experience as a programmer analyst
• 5-7 years in COBOL, Adabase mainframe programming.
• Experience taking a project through the full systems development life cycle (SDLC) from design through development and testing, to implementation, transition and support.
• Ability to effectively communicate and solve problems with end users.
• Proven technical and analytical problem solving skills.
• Highly motivated, self-starter. Ability to work independently and pay attention to detail is a must.
• Strong written and oral communication skills and a strong team orientation.
• Codes, tests, debugs, implements, and documents programs. Develops test plans to verify logic of new or modified programs.
• Designs systems and programs to meet highly complex business needs. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs are developed and coded. Creates appropriate documentation in work assignments such as program code, and technical documentation.
• Gathers information from existing systems, analyzes program and time requirements. Prepares time estimates and justifications for assigned tasks and provides recommendations to project managers.
• Supports project personnel in resolving program problems. Works with client and management to resolve issues and validate programming requirements within their areas of responsibility. Provides technical advice on complex programming.
• May serve as technical lead; Conducts quality assurance activities such as peer reviews. Deliver application modifications requested to support business requirements.
• Support of batch and online programs designed to support application.
• Support of ad-hoc service requests
• Report status daily to Team Leader.
• Microsoft Office Applications-Excel & Word
• Billing and Claims Domain Expertise preferred