Question Unanswered: Installation Problem

Hi,

I have developed a database in Access 2003 SP3. I don't have runtime 2003 but do have 2007.
    So, my question is below:

Should I install office 2003 (Access only) with all updates in client's pc or runtime 2007 to run my project properly?

I have added few references also. can they run in runtime 2007?

What should i do run my project properly without any error even if they re install windows?

Please tell me the best way to run it properly?

Many thanks.

Provided Answers: 59
    I'd install runtime on each client PC unless you have the licences for Access for those client PC's. although fully signing off an application for runtime can be tricky (you really need to test every single bit of code methodically) using runtime has one major advantage.. the fewerr people with licenced copies of Access means the fewer potetnail security problems to deal with. there is less risk of the users abusing the system
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Hi Healdem,

I appriciate your advice but my problem is I don't have runtime 2003 and runtime 2007 doesn't work properly. Is there any way to get runtime 2003 or run my project on runtime 2007 or 2010 properly?

many thanks.

Provided Answers: 59
    undoubtedly there is a way to get runtime for 2007 (or any other version of runtime) working properly. my last dabblings with runtime required some configuration to make certain the relevant references were included in the build. as to how 207 is set up I don't know

what you need to do is run your application on runtime 2007 and debug the problems. just saying 2007 doesn't work properly doesn't provide people who may not what is wrong with anything to help you.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton