Hello

I have one java application that connects to informix server through connection managers, but even when I have more that one connection manager, when one of the fails I cannot connect anymore with my java application.

I have two connection managers , and two informix databases servers,

This is the sqlhosts file that I have in my two computers that run the connection managers

oltp_group group - - i=13, c=1

oltp1 onsoctcp host1 2121 g=oltp_group

oltp2 onsoctcp host2 2121 g=oltp_group

reports_group group - - i=14, c=1

reports1 onsoctcp host1 2626 g=reports_group

reports2 onsoctcp host2 2626 g=reports_group

As you can see, I created the SLA oltp_group and the SLA reports_group, each of those SLA are linked to other SLA.

This is the configuration file for my connection manager 1 that runs in the host 1:

NAME cm_example1

LOG 1

LOGFILE cmlog

DEBUG 1

CLUSTER mycluster_1

{

INFORMIXSERVER server1, server2

SLA oltp1 DBSERVERS=primary,HDR

SLA reports1 DBSERVERS=primary

FOC ORDER=DISABLE TIMEOUT=0 RETRY=1

}

This is the configuration file for my connection manager 2 that runs in the host 2:

NAME cm_example2

LOG 1

LOGFILE cmlog

DEBUG 1

CLUSTER mycluster_2

{

INFORMIXSERVER server1, server1

SLA oltp2 DBSERVERS=primary, HDR

SLA reports2 DBSERVERS=primary

FOC ORDER=DISABLE TIMEOUT=0 RETRY=1

}

And here comes the problem. For example, When my java application connects to the URL= host1, oltp_group, 2121 the connection manager always send me to oltp1. The connection manager is always sending me to oltp1 because in my java application I have host1 in my url, and if my connection manager 1 fails, I will not be able to connect to oltp_group even when my connection manager 2 is working and my two informix server are working. So I am not achieving any redundancy!!!!, How can I use my connection manager or how can I connect from my java application to oltp_gruop even if one connection manager fails???

Thanks in advance