Question Unanswered: How do I enter data from a form into another form??

Hello,
    This I am sure is a very simple question for everyone out there, but I am new to this so it has me puzzled.

Access 2010

Question:
    I have an inventory database. I have a form that comes up that I can add the inventory to which will add it to the datasheet. I have a field for the customer's name that is a drop down selection from another datasheet. (Customers). When the customer is not in the datasheet, it doesnt appear on the list. I have a button that I can hit to take me to the customer datasheet and enter in the information. When I hit close, it updates the list.
    Pretty standard so far. What I want is to not to have to select the customer's name from the list but have my input already show up in the box for me.
    Sounds lazy I know but I could apply this to other situations if I knew how to do it.

If someone could help and please remember that I am very new to this
    When I have to use a specific name of a field, etc, can you mention that or color it for identification.
    I apologize for sounding so bossy.

Thank you for any help you can give. It is greatly appreciated. I know it takes time to read through these and help others.

Want to say that I am loving Access. I would love to be able to learn as much as I can about it. You all are lucky to be so comfortable with it.

Updating your Main Form

Say your Main Form is called frmMain and it has a control called ControltoUpdate and your other form is called frmEnterData
    and has a control called ControlName. In the On Exit of ControlName you could put

Private Sub ControlName_Exit(Cancel As Integer)
    Forms!frmMain.ControltoUpdate = Forms!frmEnterData.ControlName
    End Sub
    your frmMain would have to be open for this to happen and you could close your frmEnterData after this

Provided Answers: 14
    The proper syntax to address a form and its control may vary according to whether a hierarchical relationship exist (form/subform) or not (2 independent forms) between the forms. For a complete list of possibilities and the corresponding expressions to use, see: Forms: Refer to Form and Subform properties and controls
    Have a nice day!