Thumbs up Unanswered: Issue with db2 haicu on shared disk

Db2level: enterprise edition 9.7.5

Hi i am new to db2 admin but i am trying to learn my best and am suppoesed to implement this for production in a day or two for which i need a huge support saying this..

i have 2 ibm blade servers A,B to which a Raid 4 has been applied as a common mounts.

i am following one of the db2 docs and i am stuck at some points:

1. Does the instance have to lie on the common mount(CM)?
    2. i have an instance lying in /home/db2inst1 but am i supposed to change it to /cm/db2inst1 if the instance has to lie on the CM ?
    3.i am unable to create a new instance on /CM its always getting created under /home though i am givin the new path
    4.i tried to migrate db2inst1 from /home to /cm by using db2imigr/upgrade cmd but it gives me a error that the cmd has been depricated
    please help me at the earliest
    Last edited by divya.s; 04-28-12 at 07:22. Reason: typo

i am new to db2 admin .. am suppoesed to implement this for production in a day or two
    good luck to your customer's business....

Quote Originally Posted by divya.s View Post
    1. Does the instance have to lie on the common mount(CM)?
    yes
    2. i have an instance lying in /home/db2inst1 but am i supposed to change it to /cm/db2inst1 if the instance has to lie on the CM
    ?
    yes
    3.i am unable to create a new instance on /CM its always getting created under /home though i am givin the new path
    change the instance home directory to lie in /cm and recreate instance

db2imgr etc are for version upgrades
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Thankyou...

plz help me i have some more queries:

i had created the instance from the primary on /cm but now i am unable to access the same instance from standby
    i had duplicated the same instance user and fenced user pointing to the same directory as the primary and now when i mount the storage on standby and do a db2start i get the error:

"error while loading the shared libraries : libdb2e.se.1: cannot open shared object file : No such file or directory"
    Last edited by divya.s; 05-03-12 at 02:15.

Provided Answers: 11
    check your profile or db2profile
    they point to library path....
    has db2iupdt been executed after instance changes.. maybe some links missing..
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be