Thread: Betrieve Files

Red face Unanswered: Betrieve Files

Hi everyone,
    I am a new comer. our company has purchased RETAIL PRO 8.6 and the developer said the underlying database is BTRIEVE. The extensions of the files are .DAT, .DIA and .IX. Could anyone please tell me how can i get access to them,or import data file to ms sqlserver(use ODBC), so please give me some links about the odbc driver or development tools.

Many thanks,
    Charles.

Provided Answers: 4
    If they really are Btrieve files, you will need DDF files (FILE.DDF, FILED.DDF, INDEX.DDF) in order to use ODBC. You'll also need a version of Btrieve / Pervasive that has an ODBC driver.
    if you don't have DDFs, you should ask the developer for them. If you can't get them from the developer, you'll need to know the record layout of each table in the database and can create them using DDF Builder or SQL CREATE TABLE statements.
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.

retail pro

Accesing data from Retail pro data base is not simple. Even though it is said to be stored in btree format, it is not exactly the btree file. i have seven years of experiance developing tools and plugin for retail pro.

If you need any help feel free to mail me s.chandrakumar(@) gmail

Regards,
    Chandru
    +919900230712

Quote Originally Posted by Charles.zhu View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I am a new comer. our company has purchased RETAIL PRO 8.6 and the developer said the underlying database is BTRIEVE. The extensions of the files are .DAT, .DIA and .IX. Could anyone please tell me how can i get access to them,or import data file to ms sqlserver(use ODBC), so please give me some links about the odbc driver or development tools.

Many thanks,
    Charles.