Unanswered: Modifying a Query

Hello All,

I have a query in an Access database that I use to calculate a percentage of vacant properties in an area. The query requires a user-input Zone to evaluate the percentage for. Here is the query:

SELECT (SELECT Count(Vacant)
    FROM Table1
    WHERE Vacant="Occupied" AND CanvassNumber=0 AND Zone=[Please Enter the Desired Zone]) AS num1, (SELECT Count(Vacant)
    FROM Table1
    WHERE Vacant="Vacant" AND CanvassNumber=0 AND Zone=[Please Confirm the Desired Zone]) AS num2, num1/(num1+num2) AS num3
    FROM Table1;

I want to modify this query so that rather than asking for a user-input Zone number, it will simply calculate the percentage for each Zone number. Is there a way to use an equivalent of # for each number (1-28) in the Zone field, or at least run the calculation for an array of numbers 1-28? I cannot figure out how to do something like this in Access; if this were a regular java program i would use a simple for loop to accomplish this. I know that I would also have to Select Zone and Group By Zone respectively, I'm just looking for a replacement for the user prompt.

Thanks so much for your help.

You can loop it in ms access as well using VBA.

Quote Originally Posted by ieuan View Post
    You can loop it in ms access as well using VBA.
    Can you? I don't think that you can loop under DoCmd.OpenQuery, which is what I would have to do to utilize a SELECT query in VBA, and DoCmd****nSQL doesn't work on SELECT queries.

I'm not sure how that would work logistically.