centralize databases

Hi,
    I have 10 sites. They all use different databases like Lifeline, Raiser's Edge, Excel, Access, Exceed Basic, Pledgemaker, etc. They all have different naming conventions for fields and different table names. I want to migrate data from all of this into a centralized database. First step is to decide what kind of database should be used as a centralized database. After that come up with a schema for it and migrate data from all the above mentioned different databases into it. Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
    Amol

First step is to decide what kind of database should be used as a centralized database.
    Personally, i don't believe so. . .

First, you need to decide what will be supported in the new environment. Will there be one common system or somethng so that the autonomy of the 5 existing systems is preserved? How much volume of data will be stored and accessed? How many concurrent users will use the data? What security concerns are there? What ablut backup and recovery?

Once you have decided these and probably a few more, then look at a prototype database structure. Consider which tool(s) will be used to develope the processes.

Then decide which database sortware and associated tools will best suit what you need.

I don't recommend this cause it's gonna open a wiki of bugs which hackers will be more than happy to access..