Question Unanswered: Lock main form to subform?

Still working on time card database. Went back to original design using Access wizard - am not putting code in myself. Data entry into time card form working. Problem is the form doesn't stay with the subform info. You can click through the main form at the bottom of the subform and the records stay together but if you click on the employee dropdown box in the main form and switch to another employee name the subform stays focused on whatever was displayed before you changed employee name and then the new employee name is associated with the subform info. I've looked at the link master/child fields but don't really understand it. Right now both are set to TimeCardID. Is there a way to lock the records together so if you click the employee name in the main form the subform will show data entered for that employee instead of staying on the current record in the subform?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Time Card Entry Form.jpg   Relationships.jpg  

Thanks. I looked at that and my linked fields are working but I did change name to include txt as the article says to do. I guess I asked my question wrong. If I click through using the next record button at the bottom the form the subform records advance along with the main form - it works like it should. I've replaced data with sample data so I can post db here to help clarify my question. If you open the time cards form (use 4/9 as date) and click in the employee drop down box and choose a different employee you will see that the subform stays the same - you are actually just changing the employee name on this time card ID. Is there a way to choose the employee name and have the subform go to that employee data or is that not doable because this is data entry form?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by zoey1210; 05-05-12 at 18:13. Reason: attachment was missing

I would be glad to help you but the attachment was invalid (at least for my pc).

Here's the file saved 2000, 2003 and 2007 format. Thanks for checking it out!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files