Unanswered: Access Database Help

I need some help with a database. I have the Student Desktop database from the MS website. i want to kee the look and feel, but change it to the info i need. i am completely new to access. I have access 2003 and 2007. i would prefer to use 2003 can someone help me. please

Provided Answers: 59
    well ask away,
    what problem(s) fo you have, what errors are you experiencing and what do you expect.,

this forum will try to help but it won't do for you, especially if you are a student. the more effort you put into solving your own problems the more likely you will get someone to help. the less effort the less likely you will get any help. sounds harsh? but most of the reason for that is that by gettign others to do for you means that most posters don't actually learn the design process and that is a large point of much homework, you are supposed to do it yourself and learn from that experience
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

I totally understand, i am willing to learn, i dont want someone else to do the work for me. I am willing to do it all but with some help. I am not a student. I work in a prison setting. and we need a database that will organize the inmates info. and the Student desktop database that i downloaded from the MS website is absolutley perfect. the problems im having is listed;

1. i had to save the 2007 format to 2003 access. but now none of the buttons work and the form view of one of the forms isnt working.
    2. i want to create a form that is just a search form. that when entering the search criteria will pop up a form witht the info you had searched for.
    3. i need to create a report also to print just the info that is currently on a form, and that form would have subforms with tables on the subforms.
    4. i have no idea what realationships my tables should be in.
    5. and i have to able to have it secured in a way that only certain staff can edit or add new info to the form and not be able to change the design. almost like Admin and user privlaleges.
    6. i have tables i created but i havent created querys because i dont understand it, and the relationship aspect. sorry.

im soory if this is a lot. please if you can help that would be awesome.