Unanswered: DB2 9.7 Installation on Windows Server

Hi All,

we have a requirement to install db2 on our new windows servers. I am not sure if we will need 8.2 installed before we go for 9.7. If so where can I find the installation software for 8.2 for windows. Also do I need any GUI tool to install it?

Thanks

Smritidb2

Provided Answers: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by smritidb2 View Post
    Hi All,

we have a requirement to install db2 on our new windows servers. I am not sure if we will need 8.2 installed before we go for 9.7. If so where can I find the installation software for 8.2 for windows. Also do I need any GUI tool to install it?

Thanks

Smritidb2
    V8.2 has been out of service for 3 years, so you probably cannot get that anymore. Why would you want to install it first?

Andy

Hi Andy.. I was under the impression that we need 8.2 as base to install version 9 and above, atleast that is what i was told. so can I just install 9.7 on a fresh server which doesnot have any db2 client installed on it

No, you do not need V8 to install any newer version, including the recently released V10.1. Just install the version you want to actually use.

Andy

oh thank you very much. One more and probably the last question ..can I just install version 9.7.5 directly, or do I need to install the version 9.7 GA first and then upgrade to fixpack 5?

I am really new to installation. doing it the first time..thanks for all the help

You should be able to install 9.7.5 directly.

Andy

thanks a lot!! really appreciate it