Unanswered: Error: Numeric Field Overflow

I am trying to import my files into the Access database like I usually do and it keeps popping up an error message. I am fairly new to Access so I am not quite sure what to do and what this means. I included a picture of what it is trying to run and where it is getting an error.

I am importing a file that has all of the prisoners in the state which is about 40,000.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v641/zdogg/Import.jpg

Provided Answers: 59
    almost certainly means the datatype of the target column is too small for the suplied value
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Provided Answers: 19
    healdem's right, of course! The Default Field Size for a Numbers Field in Access is Integer, which has an upper limit of 32,767, which is why 40,000 is popping an error. Go into Design View for the Table and change the appropriate Field to Long Integer, which has an upper limit of 2,147,483,647. even in these perilous times, that should be big enough to hold an entire state's prisoner population!

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

LOL, thanks! I have been busy the last couple of days but I will get on this today. Thanks!

Ok, I just realized something. I can't find where it states "integer" anywhere in design view in the table.

Provided Answers: 19
    Open the underlying Table in Table Design View, click on the Field in question, and on the General Tab the first box, 'Field Size,' should say Integer. Click in that box and use the dropdown arrow to change this to Long Integer.

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007