DB2/UDB DBA Opportunity - Great Co - Great Benefits!

Our client, a well-known Fortune 500 Company is actively seeking a Senior Data Analyst for their Gaithersburg, MD location. Qualified candidates must be US Citizen or Green Card Holder, be local to the Washington, D.C. area and have solid database analysis skills in support of DB2/UDB on AIX and Linux. Additional required skills include:
    Thorough knowledge of DB2/UDB, Oracle, UNIX, LINUX.
    Shell scripting

Education/Experience: BS in Computer Systems with 2-5 years experience or 5-10 years operational relational database work experience.
    Scope of Work:
    Provide 24/7 operational support of Relational Database Management Systems (DB2/UDB) on Open Systems Database Platforms (HP-UX, AIX, and LINUX). Work closely with application developers, Tier1 (Service Desk), other Tier2 (Operational), and Tier 3 (Engineering) teams. Perform periodic on call duties as required as part of the Enterprise Data Administration team.
    Daily responsibilities:
    Provide data services ranging from team leadership for production support and managing vendors providing the DBMS products to servicing development projects in advanced data management analysis/design. Provide consistent and reliable data movement across applications and computing platforms. May provide work direction for staff and lead projects; however, no direct reports. Provide work direction to a team of DBAs responsible for consistent and reliable data movement across application systems. Promote consistent usage of business rules across the organizations. Provide consulting support to project planning and staffing. Lead the effort to define and develop purchased package interfaces to company applications, ensuring quality control responsibilities for the application data model and database implementation, client training, and data conversion. Manage DBMS product vendors, releases in development, and releases in test environment. May oversee production system support through a team performing database backups, maintenance, etc.
    Allyn Gregory, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Our highly-personal, consultative approach benefits both our clients and our candidates. Call us today and see how we are different!
    Allyn Gregory * People Powering Progress

Hello DC Metro

As you see I post a lot of the local positon I get on the site. What other positon do you have? Here are some of my Database people on the market.
    Attached Files Attached Files

DBA Needs

Thank you for your response. I need candidates available for contract to hire and very strong skills in DB2/UDB. How is your network of candidates with those qualifications?

Cool DBA Needs

That's a hard sale. I have 2 off the top of my head. One's in Baltimore the other work with me.
    Attached Files Attached Files