Unanswered: Make a text field delete when selecting a location

Hello,
    Access 2010

I have a form that when I select the check box for the LOCATION, it tells me if it is a consignment location or a retail location.
    Then on a form, I select the location name and it will bring up either the text box to enter either the consigment information (price/markup) or the retail information (price/markup) all based on location.

If I switch an item's location from a consignment location to a regular retail location, the consignment information turns invisible but the $$ amounts are still there. The retail text boxes appear and I can enter the retail amount in.

My problem is the table now has a retail AND consignment price in it and when I run a report, I get both.

Does anyone know if I can create a macro or code or something that will delete the consignment price if I select a retail location???

I am still new at this so please use "small" words when explaining.... haha.

thanks for any help anyone can give.

Provided Answers: 19
    I understand what you're trying to do, here, but to be frank, the nuts and bolts of how you're going about it is too hazy for me to give you any sample code. But in general terms, whenever you the set the Visible Property of the consignment information Controls to False, you also need to so something like

Me.ConsignmentPrice = Null

at the same time. And also do the reverse, of course, in case the switch is from retail to consignment!

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

my apologies for not being clear enough but thank you for taking the time to help. I did as you suggested and it worked! Thanks again!!

Provided Answers: 19
    Glad we could help!

Good luck with your project!

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007