Location : San Diego, CA
Duration : 6 months +
Rate : Open
Oracle Application DBA (ERP)
Oracle Applications Database Administrator
This Oracle Applications Database Administrator will join an experienced and customer driven operations team that manages, maintains and enhances production, development, and test database systems in a 24x7 mission critical environment.
We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter Oracle Applications Database Administrator professional. Desired candidate must have excellent interpersonal, communication, problem solving and analytical skills. In addition, this individual will be expected to perform at an extremely high level with little learning curve and must thrive under pressure while enjoying working in a team environment.
6+ years of professional Database Administration experience and a Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent degree in Computer Science or related area of study. Without a degree, three additional years of relevant professional experience (9+ years in total).
Be able to provide all levels of database support and off-hours support on a rotating basis.
Able to discuss (within own area of expertise) requirements with customers, and to challenge and clarify when appropriate. From the requirements, able to develop a high level design or plan, and then estimate the amount of effort required to deliver on time and budget.
Formulates policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management, and monitors transaction activity and utilization.
Ability to work with a team to provide written responses to technical proposals and /or reports/documentation for delivery.
Excellent professionalism, communication, and interpersonal skills
Oracle Knowledge and Skills Required:
· Recent experience in managing development/test and production Oracle E-Business Suite 11i and/or R12 environments.
· Experience setting up and configuring Oracle 11g ASM, Oracle RAC, Grid Control, Partitioning, DataGuard.
· Proven performance with application and database tuning, performance monitoring and investigative troubleshooting.
· Experience with upgrades, migrations and patch management of Oracle E-Business Suite environments (Database and Application Server).
· Design, development and testing of backup and recovery and Disaster Recovery solutions.
· Extensive PL/SQL and UNIX shell scripting skills.
· DBA support in WINTEL, UNIX, HP-UX, and Linux operating environments.