Unanswered: e-mail notifications

Hi all,

I need to create e-mail notification in my oracle 11g dependent on streams latency.
    I've already configured an e-mail account for notifications.
    I would like to create rule that will be sending an email if latency in streams (capture, propagation or apply) will goes above 1 hour.

Can anyone tell me how can I do it?
    Last edited by jackmazurek; 05-16-12 at 08:07.

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1
    You can lead some folks to knowledge, but you can not make them think.
    The average person thinks he's above average!
    For most folks, they don't know, what they don't know.
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

Ok it was pretty nice, however I didn't get any usefull informations from that google search. I asked how to create rule that will be sending mail after reaching specified streams latency value not how to mark rules from rules list for notification, and if I'm asking for some tips from advanced users here it means that I was unable to find needed info with googling method

Cheers

You did not provide what product are you using. Since you said 'email notification' and 'rules' I assume you are either using grid control or database control (I had to assume here).

One way I would use if using grid control is to create a Metric that could be collected each 30 minutes or so, on which I would get the information for Streams lag. That way, you can activate email notification on this Metric according to tresholds which you would set.