If interested, please send a email response of some type.
I would like to speak to you about an opportunity I have with a client looking for a SAN Engineer. If you are not currently in the market I would appreciate you passing my info along to your network. Paladin does pay referral bonuses!
Location: Tyson’s Corner, VA
Please provide an answer to the questions below to initiate the screening process and prompt consideration. Please send an updated MS Word resume, not a PDF (for resume formatting purposes):
How many years experience with IT?
How many years with SAN?
How many years of Linux/Unix storage?
How many total years of Scripting? Which languages?
Do you possess an active security clearance? What level?
What certifications do you possess?
What is your desired compensation?
The selected candidate will work on the PKI (Public Key Infrastructure) Team and be responsible for hands-on SAN engineering, system administration support, system maintenance, and operations support of the SAN. The SAN Engineer will design, install and test the SAN for operational sustainment of PKI. SAN Engineer will be responsible for gathering the clients existing architecture, designing and maintaining new change requests, documentation, and other production related monitoring tasks such as working with F5 load balancers, HSMs and other networking equipment.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities/Duties:
• Provide recommendations based upon industry best practices by EMC, Client for SAN storage systems
• Create a Design Work Book (DWB) for current SAN implementation and maintain this DWB with new changes
• Provide systems administration support for secure government servers, to include administration and troubleshooting for LINUX,/UNIX and Windows based operating systems
• Investigate, troubleshoot issues related to network and SAN
• Provide software/installations support for upgrades
• Provide system back-up and recovery
• Provide Tier III support
• Must have an understanding of basic Computer Networking Technology, TCP/IP, DNS, and etc.
• Must have a desire and willingness to learn
• Must work well in a team-oriented environment and work well independently and follow thru on assigned tasks
• Must work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
• Demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills
• Must have excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Must be able to handle highly confidential information in a strictly professional manner
• Must have LINUX/UNIX storage experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite applications
Education and Requirements/Work Experience:
• 5 to 7 years working in a System/Storage Administrator role
• Must pass the Security + certification within 30 days of starting work
• 8+ years of IT experience in an operations environment
• Must possess an active Secret security clearance
• Bachelor of Science degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics is preferred, but not required
• Experience with Linux, Redhat, and SQL databases (Oracle) is a plus
• Experience with PKI and/or other identity management systems is a plus
Eligibility for employment:
Candidates must pass drug test and background checks
Education verification for High School Diploma or GED and Degreed Professionals required