Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    66

    Unanswered: LOAD when in backup pending

    Hello,

    Can I execute LOAD when a tablespace is in BACKUP PENDING state? I load table1, db2 puts the tablespace in BACKUP PENDING. Can I load table2 when the tablespace is in this state?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,650
    Quote Originally Posted by L_DBA_L View Post
    Hello,

    Can I execute LOAD when a tablespace is in BACKUP PENDING state? I load table1, db2 puts the tablespace in BACKUP PENDING. Can I load table2 when the tablespace is in this state?
    You can. But not sure if there are conditions that might prohibit this.

    If you have a few loads to be, an option is to load all tables with nonrecoverable option except the last one.
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by sathyaram_s View Post
    If you have a few loads to be, an option is to load all tables with nonrecoverable option except the last one.
    Which option to use with the last one?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,737
    Quote Originally Posted by L_DBA_L View Post
    Which option to use with the last one?
    If you leave off nonrecoverable option, it will put tablespace in backup pending mode.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus_A View Post
    If you leave off nonrecoverable option, it will put tablespace in backup pending mode.
    or you can use COPY YES so that the tablespace is backed up after the load instead of putting it in backup pending mode.



    =
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    2,367
    Quote Originally Posted by sathyaram_s View Post
    or you can use COPY YES so that the tablespace is backed up after the load instead of putting it in backup pending mode.

    =
    copy yes will only backup loaded data for the last table. It won't do a tablespace backup.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    66
    Please help me understand the correct process. I need to load several tables, all created in one tablespace. Do I use nonrecoverable or COPY YES?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    221B Baker St.
    Posts
    486

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,650
    Quote Originally Posted by L_DBA_L View Post
    Please help me understand the correct process. I need to load several tables, all created in one tablespace. Do I use nonrecoverable or COPY YES?
    Let us say, you want to load tables A, B and C in tablespace TS1.
    Code:
    load from a.ixf of ixf insert into A nonrecoverable ; 
    load from b.ixf of ixf insert into B nonrecoverable ; 
    load from c.ixf of ixf insert into C;   -- this will put TS1 in backup pending
    backup db mydb tablespace TS1 ;
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •