Unanswered: LOAD when in backup pending

Hello,

Can I execute LOAD when a tablespace is in BACKUP PENDING state? I load table1, db2 puts the tablespace in BACKUP PENDING. Can I load table2 when the tablespace is in this state?

Quote Originally Posted by L_DBA_L View Post
    Hello,

Can I execute LOAD when a tablespace is in BACKUP PENDING state? I load table1, db2 puts the tablespace in BACKUP PENDING. Can I load table2 when the tablespace is in this state?
    You can. But not sure if there are conditions that might prohibit this.

If you have a few loads to be, an option is to load all tables with nonrecoverable option except the last one.
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Quote Originally Posted by sathyaram_s View Post
    If you have a few loads to be, an option is to load all tables with nonrecoverable option except the last one.
    Which option to use with the last one?

Which option to use with the last one?
    If you leave off nonrecoverable option, it will put tablespace in backup pending mode.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus_A View Post
    If you leave off nonrecoverable option, it will put tablespace in backup pending mode.
    or you can use COPY YES so that the tablespace is backed up after the load instead of putting it in backup pending mode.

=
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Quote Originally Posted by sathyaram_s View Post
    or you can use COPY YES so that the tablespace is backed up after the load instead of putting it in backup pending mode.

=
    copy yes will only backup loaded data for the last table. It won't do a tablespace backup.

Please help me understand the correct process. I need to load several tables, all created in one tablespace. Do I use nonrecoverable or COPY YES?

Please help me understand the correct process. I need to load several tables, all created in one tablespace. Do I use nonrecoverable or COPY YES?
    Let us say, you want to load tables A, B and C in tablespace TS1.
    Code:
    load from a.ixf of ixf insert into A nonrecoverable ; 
    load from b.ixf of ixf insert into B nonrecoverable ; 
    load from c.ixf of ixf insert into C;   -- this will put TS1 in backup pending
    backup db mydb tablespace TS1 ;