Unanswered: clear yes/no boxes

Hello,
    Access 2010

I have a form that is generated of a query. This form has yes/no boxes in it.
    When I open the form, there are boxes that are already checked off (from the last time I checked them) and I dont want there to be any already checked.

Is there a way to make the form open up and ensure that all yes/no boxes are blank every time?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Provided Answers: 19
    There's probably a more elegant way of doing this, but it's fast becoming a 20 hour day for me, and this is the best I can offer, right now. This example that will clear two Checkboxes (CB_1 and CB_2) every time the Form Loads:
    Code:
    Private Sub Form_Load()

Dim db As DAO.Database
    Dim rs As DAO.Recordset

Set db = CurrentDb
    Set rs = db.OpenRecordset("YourTableName")
    Do While Not rs.EOF
     rs.Edit
     rs!CB_1 = 0
     rs!CB_2 = 0
     rs.Update
     rs.MoveNext
    Loop

rs.Close
    Set rs = Nothing
    Me.Requery

End Sub
    You'll need to substitute the Checkbox names from the code (CB_1 and CB_2) in the example with your own names, as well as replace YourTableName with the actual name of the Table or Query the Form is based on. And you can clear more Checkboxes by simply changing this portion of the code

rs.Edit

rs!CB_1 = 0
    rs!CB_2 = 0

rs.Update

to something like this

rs.Edit

rs!CB_1 = 0
    rs!CB_2 = 0
    rs!CB_3 = 0
    rs!CB_4 = 0

rs.Update

Also be sure that the Microsoft DAO x.x. Object Library is set in references in the Form's Code Module (Tools - References) where x.x. is the particular version of the Library for your version of Access.

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007