Unanswered: SQL0902C system error on Create Database

Just installed DB1 V10, and tried to create a database; and got the above system error, with reason "2". Issued the create database from CLP.

Has someone hit this problem either in v9.7 or v9.5? I'm wondering if there are DB2 developers following the forum, and might know of some limitation with v10.

Some background: I uninstalled v9.7 and installed v10. I then upgraded my old databases and activated them. So far so good. But when I try to create a new database, I got the above error.

Thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by uchiram View Post
    Just installed DB1 V10, and tried to create a database; and got the above system error, with reason "2". Issued the create database from CLP.
    Please rename your db2diag.log and reproduce the error. Provide db2diag.log and OS info.

Quote Originally Posted by uchiram View Post
    I'm wondering if there are DB2 developers following the forum, and might know of some limitation with v10.
    I doubt it. Try IBM DB2 forum.
    Last edited by db2girl; 05-18-12 at 22:25.

thank you db2girl. I attached the db2diag.log here.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Provided Answers: 18
    Please post more details:

Your symptom seems to be ZRC=0x87020002.

Which version of Windows? workstation or server?

Is it 32-bit or 64-bit?

What is the exact full command line that you are using (i.e. post the full 'create database....' line if that is what you are using, or restore database etc ).

Please post where the database would be created (locally attached disks or SAN)?

Check if (all) the drives to contain the database are all available and DB2 has full rights on them.

Lastly, you might want to run a db2trc (refer to the manual) around the command that is failing and then post the output files from the db2trc.

db2 failed to create tablespace SYSCATSPACE. In addition to what db2mor suggested, try creating a new tablespace in one of the existing db's you migrated from v9.7 and specify the drive where the new one would be created. This is just to test if db2 can create a new tablespace on the target drive.

just try to alter bufferpool GOSALES_BP....

Regards,
    Harsh V.