Question Unanswered: How to populate advise table

Hi,

Is there any alternate way to populate ADVISE tables other than using db2advis command line utility?
    I am interested in making advise information available without having the developers to actually RDP the db2 server.

Version information : db2ese Windows 64Bits DB2 LUW v9.1.1000.504, s110109, WR21495, and Fix Pack 10

Thanks in advance.

Provided Answers: 18
    Is'nt db2advis part of the full DB2-client in v9.1 ?

Regardless, I'm sure you could script up a way to avoid RDP if you get clever with psexec.

Thanks db2mor for your answer.

What version of DB2-Client? I looked in bin folder under DB2-Client Runtime db2advis was not there. I should try Application Development Client or DB2-Administration Client...

I am more specifically looking for a programmatic way of triggering a db2advis remotely.
    Do you know if there is a Java or C API for this?
    I have checked the DB2 manuals, I could find an API for almost everything but none for advise.

I really appreciate your help.

Provided Answers: 1
    You don't have to run the DB2 advisor on the server - your developers can run it on their workstations, as long as they are able to connect to the database.

Provided Answers: 18
    The runtime client does not have db2advis. Only the full client might include design advisor functionality.

In V9.1 I understood that the application-development-client and the administration-client were merged into one package - and I expect that might contain db2advis and/or the GUI design-advisor.

I don't know a programmatic interface to it.