Question Unanswered: How does Statement Concentrator work exactly?

I read some information about statement concentrator and found out that you must enable the functionality before use with the following command/statement.

Code:
    UPDATE DB CFG USING STMT_CONC LITERALS IMMEDIATE;
    What i did not understand: Is it a one-time action that applies to all queriesß or should i send this command from my application code before each relevant query??

It is a one time thing. Database config is changed and stays there until you change it again

HTH
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Difference between client and server

Quote Originally Posted by sathyaram_s View Post
    Thanks, but the link with JDBC is broken. I did not understand the difference between setting on DB and setting on client . Can you explain a little?
    Setting on Server --> Direkt on Server with a command???
    Setting on Client --> Sending the update query via JDBC from the client???

Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by kotuboy View Post
    Thanks, but the link with JDBC is broken. I did not understand the difference between setting on DB and setting on client :confused:. Can you explain a little?
    Setting on Server --> Direkt on Server with a command???
    Setting on Client --> Sending the update query via JDBC from the client???
    You should try reading manuals -- it's fun! For example, here: Common IBM Data Server Driver for JDBC and SQLJ properties for DB2 servers - IBM DB2 9.7 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows you can find that it is a JDBC connection property.