***Please note that this is a full-time permanent salaried position w/benefits***
****Must be a US Citizen, Green Card Holder or EAD****
Horizon Technology Partners has an immediate opening for an experienced Oracle Applications DBA. Your skills are needed to assist large company in the entertainment & electronics industry with database administration and support for a complex and geographically diverse production and development environment. In this position you will be working at a clients state of the art manufacturing and distribution facility located in Terre Haute, IN 47804. You will be joining a team that provides 24x7 administration and support for US operations as well as Canada, Brazil and Austria. You will interact with many constituencies to provide database solutions to business problems and to ensure that the databases are operating efficiently and proper backup and disaster recovery methods are maintained.
Database sizes range from 10-300 GB. The clients environment consists of Oracle 10g/11g as well as several installations of Oracle Applications E-Business Suite 11.5.10 running on 11g.
Activities will include:
- Administration of Oracle 10g/11g
- Database Security backup and Recovery procedures.
- Performance monitoring and Tuning.
- Creation and modification of primary database structures and objectives, control user access and allocate system Storage requirements within the database system.
- Planning database server architecture.
- Provide for an ongoing assessment of database performance and implement database performance improvement measures.
- Upgrade and install patches to database.
- Install, configure, trouble-shoot Oracle databases and Oracle application systems.
- Supports data loading, conversion and batch job operation and do trouble-shooting of development/production system.
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum of 5 years experience in database administration and development.
- Experience in Oracle Applications E-Business Suite 11 (client currently on E-Business Suite 11.5.10 on 11g)
- Experience managing and tuning large volume databases.
- Experience in UNIX environment required
- Experience with backup, recovery, and disaster recovery process/scenarios.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, project management skills, analytical skills, organizational skills and decision making skills.
We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive salary and benefits package includes 401K, matching 401k, credit union membership, reimbursement for business expenses, relocation assistance, a retirement plan, stock investment plan, dental insurance, medical insurance, disability benefits, prescription drug coverage, confidential employee assistance programs, pre-tax accounts for health care and child/eldercare, life insurance, wellness programs, casual dress, paid company holidays, free parking, a dependent scholarship program, job training programs, tuition reimbursement, and paid vacations.