Unanswered: delete LOGARCMETH1 location log files, DB2 9.7 HADR Activated

I have configured HADR database with specifying path for LOGARCMETH1 parameter as /home/db2inst1/arclog1 since last march 11. Now this location exist so much log files with 4mb each. I may be face disk space problem in near future. How can I delete files from LOGARCMETH1 location? plz. help
    Last edited by Prashant Bhole; 05-28-12 at 02:26. Reason: Title not proper

You can delete them. You can delete any log files that are older than oldest backup you want to keep (and might want to roll forward from after a restore).

You can google for a shell script command to delete files on a particular path older than a specified number of days. I recommend that write the shell script to only delete the old archive log files in case the current backup is successful.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

first thnx for prompt reply.....
    As I am a beginner in db adm I want to know,
    Would I face any inconsistency related issue by
    directly deleting files from LOGARCHMETH1 location?

see if AUTO_DEL_REC_OBJ will help in automating the process ?

No, you will not face inconsistency issues.

You have to find the earliest backup image , get the Earliest Log of that image [ use the output of db2 list history command ] and delete logs older than that.
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Provided Answers: 11
    I would recommend : first read some chapters about DB2 and the "high availability guide"
    and try to understand how to setup db2 and the impact by changing a setting
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified