Unanswered: Newbi question about tables and relationships

Hi. Im new to access. I try to figure out how to structure data in different tables. I have a spesific database I like to make. Short explanation. I like to make a database with information on issues found on a machine. The machine is devided into sub systems like mechanical, hydraulical, electrical, etc.. Each sub system is devided into components. If a component fails, then I like to describe this (table 8) and link it to a component.

I made an overview off how I think I should structure all this into tables and relation between them. However Im not sure this is the best way. Could anyone give me some inputs on if this is a good way?

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Database.JPG  

If I were you, I'd add a one-to-one relation from table2.MechanicalSys to table3.MechSystemID, etc. for each sub-system type. That way you have good relations and good data normalization.

The only question I have is, what is the SubSystemID in table2 for? Why not make the relations I mentioned before, and delete it from all the tables? Or maybe I'm reading the design wrong?

Sam

I solved this in another way. Thanks for answer