Unanswered: Java(TM) Platform SE binary has stopped working

Hi all

I am working on windows vista(64 bit) laptop with jdk1.7.0_03 and DB2 9.5.
    Preiously it was working fine when I was using 32 bit. Couple of months back, I had to change with 64 bit jdk and DB2. I uninstalled 32 bit and installed 64 bit versions.

After that,I sometimes get this popup "Java(TM) Platform SE binary has stopped working" whenever I open command editor/Control center. After continuous attempts to open, it was working.

But since 2 days, I get this popup continuously and command editor/control center has completely stopped working. I don't know what is the issue as I didn't change any configuration.

Please let me know, what needs to be done. Is there anyway, I can take backup? Should I reinstall DB2 or java again.

Its urgent. Please somebody help me soon.

Thanks in advance

Provided Answers: 18
    You should only use the JVM that comes with the DB2-server itself, that is what IBM tests with, and the one that IBM supports.

If there is any possiblilty that your PATH or CLASSPATH environment variables have Java7 directories *before* the DB2 directories then you can get into difficulties.

So check and fix if necessary the PATH and CLASSPATH variables on your system , to ensure that all DB2 directories appear before any Java7 directories.

Changing CLASSPATH did not solve the problem. I also tried reinstalling DB2. Again am getting the same problem. Please let me know how this error can be solved

Did you also change the PATH correctly (not only CLASSPATH) ?

Second question is that when JVM stops, does Windows show (in eventvwr) exactly the full path name of the java.exe process that failed - check the path name - if it is not the path under IBM\SQLLIB then the cause is likely to be a mix of JVM versions/file on your system.

This is what I get in Event Viewer

Faulting application javaw.exe, version 6.0.0.0, time stamp 0x4d4c20ca, faulting module nvd3dumx.dll, version 7.15.11.7932, time stamp 0x49531244, exception code 0xc0000409, fault offset 0x000000000037ce78, process id 0xdf4, application start time 0x01cd42831a911f6e.

Please post your DB2 v9.5 fixpack level.

Please ensure that you have the latest version of the Nvidia video drivers for your laptop.

its 9.7.5 and not 9.5

found it with db2level at commandLineProcessor

DB21085I Instance "DB2" uses "64" bits and DB2 code release "SQL09075" with
    level identifier "08060107".
    Informational tokens are "DB2 v9.7.500.4299", "special_27924", "IP23287_27924",

and Fix Pack "5".
    Product is installed at "C:\PROGRA~1\IBM\SQLLIB" with DB2 Copy Name "DB2COPY1".

CommandLineProcessor works fine. Only control center/command editor/task center shows this popup.

Regarding Nvidia video drivers-please tell me how to find latest version.

i uninstalled jdk and javafx. even now same thing is happening.

Your first post in this thread said db2 9.5 but now you have altered this to db2 9.7.5. OK, but at this time I suspect your video driver (not db2).

The "nvd3dumx.dll" mentioned in the jvm crash seems as you posted from eventvwr, seems to be associated with the Nvidia driver.

You might visit nvida.com to search for drivers for your model of laptop, and your graphics card.
    Your laptop manufuacturer might also offer a portal that refreshes any hardware-specific drivers on your laptop.

Thanks db2mor. It was Nvidia driver issue and not DB2 issue. DB2 working fine now.

l am getting this error when installing oracle forms 6i "fjava60.vrf(1)lexical error when 'u'found.This help me l am in trouble!