Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unanswered: Query parameter from 6am-6pm

Please HELP!!!! How do you make a parameter query data from 6:00 AM to 6:00 AM daily? What I meant is How to put it in the parameter query to include date and time?

I don't mean to be querrelous, but you called your question "6 am-6 pm" and your text says 6 am-6 am. Which is it?

Besides, we can't help you if we don't understand the situation. Please copy and paste the SQL statement so we can see what you see.

Sam

Sorry, this is my first time to post and I don't know how to change the question. I have a query that collect the data every day from 6AM to 6AM next day due to 1st shift works from 6am-6pm and 2nd shift works 6pm-6am which passed midnight. My criteria for query everyday is for ex: Between #6/5/2012 6:00 AM# and #6/6/2012 5:59 AM# and it works. But I'd like to make a parameter query which will ask the user to enter date and time instead of having user changes date and time in the criteria every day. Any help will be appreciated.

I partially thought so. Forms collect data to put them into tables. Queries are not the tool to collect data.

Create a form for adding data only. The form's RecordSource should be the table where the data reside. Add a textbox to the form tied to the correct field in the table. The Default Value (set it in the textbox's Property Sheet) should be
    Code:
    =Time()
    which will give you the time the form opens. You can modify the time if it's wrong. When you exit the form, save the info, and your data will be safe in the table.

I admit that I'm confused, though. You say "it works." Perhaps you're doing something else other that just adding data?

Sam

Yes, I use Format my Date/Time Field to be mm/dd/yyyy HH:NN am/pm then use Default Value =Now() in my Table so anytime user adds record, date and time automatically there on my Form and Table. When I run Query with criteria Between #6/5/2012 6:00 AM# and #6/6/2012 5:59 AM#, it will give me data in that time interval. But Dates have to be modify every day in query design. I don't want the user to get into query design. Is there a way to put it in criteria like [enter Date and Time]? I tried and Query returns with no record?? Thanks for the quick response

Please copy and paste the query's SQL statement so we can see it. We can't help you without it.

Also, do you open the query from a form, or does the user go into the database window and open the query himself?

Sam

Currently they going to the database query design to change the date everyday then run the report out of it. Sorry I have no idea about getting the SQL statement. How do I get it?

In the database window, open the query in Design view. In the left hand corner, you will see an icon that looks like a blue triangle. Click on the down-arrow next to it, and you will see an icon that says "SQL." Select it, and open the SQL window to display the SQL. You can copy directly from there, and paste it into here.

Sam

Ah sorry it took so long. Thanks for showing me this. Here it is:

SELECT PCBRepairT.PCBID, PCBRepairT.PCBInDate, PCBRepairT.PCBScan, Left([PCBScan],11) AS PCBPartNumber, Right([PCBScan],12) AS Scan1, Left([scan1],6) AS PCBSerialNumber, Right([scan1],6) AS Location1, Left([location1],2) AS PCBLocation, Right([location1],4) AS PCBDateCode, PCBRepairT.PCBName, PCBRepairT.SignInBy, PCBRepairT.PCBFailDesc, PCBRepairT.ErrorCodeID, PCBRepairT.PCBTech, PCBRepairT.TechRepairDate, PCBRepairT.PCBRwkDesc, PCBRepairT.IsFixed, PCBRepairT.PCBMOCKTestPass, PCBRepairT.PCBMOCKTestFail, PCBRepairT.PCBStatusID, PCBRepairT.PCBOutDate, PCBRepairT.PCBRemark
    FROM PCBRepairT
    WHERE (((PCBRepairT.PCBInDate) Between #6/5/2012 6:0:0 AM# And #6/6/2012 5:59:0 AM#) AND ((PCBRepairT.TechRepairDate) Between #6/5/2012 6:0:0 AM# And #6/6/2012 5:59:0 AM#) AND ((PCBRepairT.PCBOutDate) Between #6/5/2012 6:0:0 AM# And #6/6/2012 5:59:0 AM#));
    Last edited by mdjet; 06-06-12 at 15:34.

Try changing the WHERE statementL

Code:
    WHERE (((PCBRepairT.PCBInDate) Between #6/5/2012 6:0:0 AM# And #6/6/2012 5:59:0 AM#) AND ((PCBRepairT.TechRepairDate) Between #6/5/2012 6:0:0 AM# And #6/6/2012 5:59:0 AM#) AND ((PCBRepairT.PCBOutDate) Between #6/5/2012 6:0:0 AM# And #6/6/2012 5:59:0 AM#));
    to

Code:
    WHERE (((PCBRepairT.PCBInDate) Between Date() - 1 + 0.2500 And Date() + 0.2499) AND ((PCBRepairT.TechRepairDate) Between Date() - 1 + 0.2500 And Date() + 0.2499) AND ((PCBRepairT.PCBOutDate) Between Date() - 1 + 0.2500 And Date() + 0.2499));
    See if that doesn't update every day automatically.

Sam

Thanks so much, I will try tonight

Provided Answers: 59
    asking users to input aq valid date and time is asking for trouble
    if they can screw it up they will

Sam Landy's suggestion is good, providing you always run the query and want thee data for the day up to 06:00 today

if it were me I'd do this using a form, validate the data there, make certain its sane and then use those parameters in a query, form or report
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Quote Originally Posted by healdem View Post
    Sam Landy's suggestion is good, providing you always run the query and want thee data for the day up to 06:00 today
    It's also only a good suggestion (if I may say so myself) if you run a 365/366-day-a-year operation (which may be what healdem is alluding to). If you have any days that have no valid entries - whether they are Saturday, Sunday, or holiday, or even if an employee is absent for a day - your logic goes up in smoke. Your needs are probably much more complex than a simple query.

Sam

hmm Instead of date()-1+.25, I tried Date()+0.75 didn't work . I guess I have to specify yesterday first then start at 6AM. Anyway, Iran a test at work and it gave me data from 6/6/12 12:49AM to 6/7/12 5:30 AM

My bad the start time was typo. It works perfectly. Thank you so much!!!!!!