Toronto, Canada

Unanswered: DB2 Copy on Windows

I'd like to clarify something before installing db2.

Here is what's currently installed:

DB21085I Instance "DB2" uses "32" bits and DB2 code release "SQL09050" with
    level identifier "03010107".
    Informational tokens are "DB2 v9.5.0.808", "s071001", "NT3295", and Fix Pack
    Product is installed at "C:\PROGRA~1\IBM\SQLLIB" with DB2 Copy Name "DB2COPY1".

C:\>db2licm -l
    Product name: "DB2 Connect Personal Edition"
    License type: "Client Device"
    Expiry date: "Permanent"
    Product identifier: "db2conpe"
    Version information: "9.5"

I'm going to install v9.7 ESE

"A DB2 copy is a group of DB2 products that are installed at the same location."
    IBM DB2 9.7 Information Center for Linux, UNIX, and Windows

Can "a group of DB2 products that are installed at the same location" consist of different DB2 versions (ie. can I install v9.7 in C:\Program Files\IBM\SQLLIB)?

If I need to specify a different location and a different copy and choose "to make the new DB2 copy the default DB2 copy", what happens? What's the importance of "default copy"? DB2 copy that applications connect to by default?

Provided Answers: 17
    You need to use separate directories (when there are different versions).
    Your existing product is DB2COPY1 (which is currently the default product for all DB2 related binaries).
    Your new product might be DB2COPY2 (and will not be the default DB2 product, unless you make it the default).
    This page might help:
    Changing the default DB2 and default IBM database client interface copy after installation (Windows) - IBM DB2 9.7 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows