Unanswered: DB2 Load Utility for CSV Fiels

Hi, I want to load data into database from csv file using DB2 Load utility. Can anyone tell me how to do that. Any example script or tutorials??

Regards
    Asif

Provided Answers: 18
    Start by posting your DB2-server Version + Fixpack and operating system name.

If you are on DB2 v9.7 on Linux or Unix or Windows, why not read the published documentation on-line :

LOAD command - IBM DB2 9.7 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows

I am using Db2 v9.7, OS Win7

I have seen that documentation, yet i couldnt figure out how to write a Load script. I am newbie to DB2.

Regards
    Asif

Get some training.

Read one of the many books on DB2.

Study the documentation more carefully, do not just skim it fast, study it properly.

In addition to LOAD there is also the IMPORT command, which can be easier if you only have a small amount of data in the CSV file (for example fewer than a million rows).

Thanks, wish i had that time...I am on a tight deadline.

Will look something on some other forum.

Wasnt helpful yet Thanks

Thanks, wish i had that time...I am on a tight deadline.
    A public forum is not the place to bring things "on a tight deadline". . .

Wasnt helpful yet Thanks
    It does not appear that you are looking for help. It appears as though you are looking for someone to do your work for you.

You have spent more time trying to get someone else to to the work than it would have taken you to look at a sample LOAD or IMPORT in the documentation. . .

Provided Answers: 11
    i am still/always surprised that so many companies leave their databases in the hand of people that do not know db2 at all..and many of these people are even not willing to understand what is expected from them...
    I wonder what they do, when this person destroys the db ?? get a consultant ??
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

The question is whether this is "new" , or whether it was always like this (regardless of the tool, in this case an RDBMS). Or is this an inevitable consequence of 'database as commodity' ?

Surely not "new" but unfortunately, that population is growing quite rapidly

Quote Originally Posted by przytula_guy View Post
    i am still/always surprised that so many companies leave their databases in the hand of people that do not know db2 at all..and many of these people are even not willing to understand what is expected from them...
    I wonder what they do, when this person destroys the db ?? get a consultant ??
    I cannot believe the condescension coming from some of you folks. Obviously the OP needs help, and you could've pointed him to the solution or to a simpler syntax format if you knew it in the time it took for you to type out all those replies sitting on your high horses. Why would you assume everyone coming here is in control of the database or a database guy ? I came here looking for an answer to the same question the OP asked, and I am a supply chain guy, in no way managing a database. But I need to get this done for one of my projects, instead of sitting and waiting for a DBA to help me out. If I am going to sit and read books on DB2 to find an answer to something as simple as this that I would probably use once or twice, I would rather be a DBA. But I am not, and I need help, that's why I come here, only to find a bunch of folks spewing their holier-than-thou attitude all over.
    Last edited by ezhilk; 12-20-12 at 12:05.

What you consider "high-horse" is what many of us see as professional concern. No well managed organization will let "just anyone" load external data into the Production database(s).

If you (or the TS) has been given a stand-alone sandbox to work in, this might be ok, but no one has posted anything other than "How to load data. . .".

None of my clients permit this. If new external data is deemed by the organization to need immediate attention, a DBA is assigned or a contract resource is brought in. While there is only so much DBA resource, management needs to assign priorities as needed.