Unanswered: Ledger Table Creation Help

hello everyone,

I have been wanting to write a Fantasy Baseball database for the last few years. We have a rather in depth keeper league, that we want to start tracking.

I work with Navision, so the thought was maybe we could use NAV to do this, but its just too complex, although some of the table structure and the way the DB works I would like to copy.

Anyway, my question is, how can I write data to one table from other tables? For example. The "Player Ledger" table is going to be the master record of all MLB players. Every transaction that happens to this player must be written to this table, drafting, trades etc... For example, the Draft table, when I enter data on the form (form linked to the draft table) how can I take the required info from the draft table, and write it to the player ledger table?

The ledger table is going to be the basis for all reporting, tracking etc..so its important I get all the required info from different tables to be written to the ledger table.

Thanks in advance.

A

As you have provided very little, i can only suggest reading from wherever it is and inserting/updating the ledger table.

If you explain what tables you anticipate incorporating and their relationship to the other tables, someone may have a more indepth suggestion.

i can only suggest reading from wherever it is and inserting/updating the ledger table.
    Ok so how would I do this? Is this a VB code?

here is an example of the data I need to flow into the Ledger table.

Draft Table:
    Fields to go into Player Ledger:
    *Team Name
    *MLB Player
    *Contract Years
    *Contract Value
    *Draft Date
    *Active On Team (Y/N)

Trade Table:
    Fields to go into the Player Ledger:
    *MLB Player
    *From Team
    *To Team
    *Active on team (Y/N)
    *Contract Years
    *Contract Value
    *Transfer Value
    *Grey Cap

These are 2 of the main tables I need to flow into one table (the Player Ledger table) As I fill this info in on the Draft table & the Trade table I need that data to populate to the Ledger table. The Player Ledger will be all the basis of team finance, trade tracking, player history etc..

Does this make sense? If im headed down the wrong way I would love to hear other suggestions.

Thanks