Unanswered: Dynamic Tables???

Hello!

I'm working on an access DB for a small company and I'v run into a scenario I cannot get my head around:

We have an Employee table with contact info and is related to a position table. The Position table has boolean fields stating what position requires usernames for specific software they use.

Now what I'm after is (I'm assuming) a table based off of a query, which stores the username information of the user, but only if they actually have a username to store.

I'm not sure if thats possible? or if I'm looking at the problem a wrong way?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

If your wanting to store the user name information its aleady stored in the table? If your wanting to display it it in a different way you could use a report or form. I would recommend using a form. that way you can view the data in a more viewable way as well as add in any new users...

Mike

What I'm trying to avoid is having a single table with usernames in the fields.

If I go with it that way something like 80% of the records will have like 3 of 17 columns with information on it. In an attempt to not have wasted fields I was hoping there would be another method.

Instead a table of employee information, and then a table containing usernames with a relationship to the employee. Then the records will only have fields with information in them.

I suppose I could just run null on the fields that dont have them?

I would run null. Because if you had some fields with and without information then all field titles/headings would need to be present.