Unanswered: Database error connection

Hi mates,

I´m having troubles with our LINUX SUSE 11. There is an error message, " listener_thread: err=-25582 oserr=0, network connection is broken."

This began last saturday, and now it´s giving to me troubles with users, they can´t connect to it.

I can ping the server continoulsy without packet lost, but I can´t access to the database application (it works but in intermittent way).

I already reset the entire server, but nothing. I know it could be related with network performance, I changed the server on another switch, nothing happen the problem remains.

I need heeelpp...pleaaseee..anything...

Provided Answers: 1
    Hi,

did you check your firewall(s), is the tcp port used for the instance connection open ?
    Check if no changes have been done in /etc/services /etc/hosts and informix sqlhosts file

ping is not enough, you must be able to reach the right tcp port before proceeding

Yes.
    Actually, when the problem begins you can telnet x.x.x.x 1526 (informix port) and the system lets you enter.

When you proceed with the telnet command, the system just let you do 1 enter

C:\Documents and Settings\USER> telnet x.x.x.x 1526
    -
    C:\Documents and Settings\USER>

When the problem comes, you can telnet the port but it hangs for a moment...

C:\Documents and Settings\USER> telnet x.x.x.x 1526
    -
    -
    -
    -
    C:\Documents and Settings\USER>

for me this looks like instability in your network. is this LAN? which speed?
    Did you put a trace for some time ?
    some ping loops checking response times
    what happens if you increase the onconfig parameter LISTEN_TIMEOUT ?

Yes.

It is a LAN. The server is located on a different VLAN, clients are in another one. There is a layer 3 switch which routes both VLAN, there are not ACL configured.

I sniffed the network when the problem arrives, the only weird thing I see is lot of checksum errors packets from the server. We disabled the checksum offload in the NIC, but the problem doesn´t disappeared.

Hi,

Samuel85, just in case try to see if you are using DNS as a Client and if your DNS Server is working well.
    I´ve already had problems with it on the past...
    LS

Hi,

well today we are going to proceed to format the entire server.

We will do an installation of informix and then begin to test the server again.....

I will notify you about the results...

thanks for your time and advices...

samuel,

I think that Informix is reacting to a real network issue, else it woud state another error message.

keep us informix about your results

Hi my friends,

Well, during weekend we proceeded with the new format in the server HDD and reinstallation of informix....without satisfactory results....

The same symptom. This time, we also changed the server´s location to another subnet (it is located in a branch office), so users tried to connect to the server using a different IP but the problem still is there.

The LISTEN_TIMEOUT is configured to 60.

could be related with the replication system ?
    We have two servers, the primary (server with problem) and a secondary which is working right now. So far, both server have the same configuration, the only difference would be that secondary server works in standalone (when primary is disconnected from network).

Besides err = 25582, there is another err = 408