Unanswered: Reorg on indexes doesn't resolve percent of RIDs marked for delete

Hi All,

We're using DB2 9.7 FP5 on AIX

I have a table that has 6 columns...4 are Char(23) and 2 are Timestamp. The table has 1 row of data. There are 6 indexes, one for each column in the table.

When we run REORGCHK on the indexes 3 of them are flagged on F7 for percent of RIDs in an index that are marked as deleted. All 3 are 50%. For some reason Automatic Maintenance keeps running Reorgs on these indexes...as much as 4 times in a 10 hour window.

I tried doing the reorg myself and updating statistics and those 3 columns still say 50%. I'm assuming this is why the auto-reorg keeps occurring as the 50% isn't geting resolved.

Another single row table in our db seem to have the same issue where F7 isn't getting resolved by a reorg.

DB_History table and db2diag file both show no errors and that the reorg completed.

Any ideas how to fix or where to look for more info? Not finding anything in manuals or google search.

Note: This db is the backend for a 3rd-party application so we didn't create the tables/indexes initially.

Try using "and detailed indexes all" on your runstats, and report back if that fixed it.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Maybe you can export the row and load it again to let db2 to rebuild indexes itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus_A View Post
    Try using "and detailed indexes all" on your runstats, and report back if that fixed it.
    I ran runstats with and detailed indexes all included and it still shows this for the indexes for F4 - F8 in the reorgchk output.

100 -1 -1 50 0 ---*-

Quote Originally Posted by miwiwa View Post
    I ran runstats with and detailed indexes all included and it still shows this for the indexes for F4 - F8 in the reorgchk output.

100 -1 -1 50 0 ---*-
    Open an PMR with IBM support.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

I will..thx for the help.