Unanswered: Access 2010 working slow

I have a db on a network. The user has windows 7 64bit w/4g ram. The forms in access open quickly enough, but any queries or macros that need to run do so extremely slowly.....Any ideas?

New Zealand
    Provided Answers: 5
    Is the database split
    hope this help

See clear as mud

StePhan McKillen
    the aim is store once, not store multiple times
    Remember... Optimize 'til you die!
    Progaming environment:
    Access based on my own environment: DAO3.6/A97/A2000/A2003/A2007/A2010
    VB based on my own environment: vb6 sp5
    ASP based on my own environment: 5.6
    VB-NET based on my own environment started 2007
    SQL-2005 based on my own environment started 2008

The db is not split. each user has their own set of tables and forms. however there is a macro that runs a "data dump" in to a linked table.

Richmond, Virginia USA
    Provided Answers: 19
    Having multiple users sharing a single, non-split database, sitting on a network drive is the sure way to repeated episodes of corruption, as well as speed and timing problems, as you're experiencing! Multiple users simply have to work off of a Split database, with each user having their own copy of the Front End, which contains everything except the data/tables, on their respective hard drives, and a Back End with all Tables on a shared drive. The fact that each user has their own Forms and Tables doesn't change this requirement.

Being in forced retirement, I spend 6-8 hours a day here and on other Access forums, and over the past six years have seen dozens and dozens of reports similar to yours! The really insidious thing is that the app can work for extended periods of time before the troubles begin! But once it does, they become chronic, which is to say they occur over and over and over again!

The record, by the way, was a Non-Split db that had been working, without problems, for 12 years! It then started exhibiting symptoms similar to those that you describe here, and continued to do so until the app was split.

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007