Unanswered: Is it possible in access sub-form that we can retrieve data from one table and store

Hi,
    I am working on the development of access database for our Food and Security Project. In this project we have selected the beneficiaries from 40 villages and for the distribution of food items we have selected 10 locations nearby these villages. In database I have a table beneficiaries in which all information related to beneficiaries along with location of distribution and village are stored. One the distribution at any location will be taken place then we will be recording that distribution in our database. For this purpose I have designed a form containing the combo box for location. A sub-form is also attached with the main form. When I select any location from the main form combo box so all the beneficiaries related to that location appears in sub form. As data in sub form is coming from beneficiaries table and record a distribution I would like to store this data is some other table. Can someone help me on this?

Thanks,
    Raheel

Provided Answers: 59
    Don't store the same information in more than one place....
    store a value that allows you to get back tot he original data
    ferinstance
    store an address in one place but use in many places by picking up the unique ID of that address for use elsewhere

having said that there are times when you need to store what looks like the same table.
    ferinstance there are times when you have to store what looks like the same stuff for legal or corporate requirements. when creating an invoice you have some way of uniquely referring to the data that comprises that invoice if you wan tto display it on line or you need to reprint the invoice. So I woudl always store everythign realting to an invoice in a spearate table.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Definitely I will be storing the ID in the other table. I just want a way to retrieve data in sub form form one table and store ID and distribution information in some other table.

Regards.

Provided Answers: 59
    use combo/list boxes on the form to select the correct text from the 'other' table, but link to the ID as the bound column. the combo/listbox wizard should handle all that for you, especially if you define the RI links before designing the form
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton