Question Unanswered: incremental backup

Hi All,

Can anyone assist me, I have restored the incremental backup. Everything fine but when i connect to db . It has shown error.. Please reply me

connect to test$1

SQL1119N A connection to or activation of database "TEST$1" cannot be madebecause a previous restore is incomplete or still in progress. SQLSTATE=57019

Provided Answers: 18
    Always put your DB2-version + fixpack and Operating system name in each new thread.

The message seems very clear to me..

If you restored an on-line backup, did you get a successful completion message, and did you rollforward the database when the restore completed?

Why not study the documentation for your version of DB2 - it gives examples of restore database...

full backup restored fine and incremental backup is completed successfully but shown error when connect to db . I have seen examples.... Can you give some suggestion

(Express-C --9.7---)

Hello,
    Ensure your restore was successful . check for any error messages in the restore or in diag log. paste the output of this command

db2 get db cfg for db name | grep -i pending if it is unix use findstr instead of grep in case of windows.

regards,
    Sharath

Provided Answers: 11
    have you checked diaglog
    increase diaglevel for more detail
    probably some tablespace offline...
    the msg is very clear :
    The database is in an inconsistent state because a system error occurred during a restore function or a restore is still in progress.
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be