Unanswered: Need button on report to open other page in navigation with details

I have a navigation form with a patient data entry section with tabbed pages within it for visits, procedures, history, etc... The second navigation tab is a report center with tabs for different forms that will show patients with a specific disease in a list form (these reports only show patient names). I want to add a button alongside each patient name to view details that will refresh the main form to the details page with the corresponding patient information loaded.

I don't want it to open another form window but jump back to the first tab in the navigation form with that patient's information pulled up.

If I understand you correctly, if the patients are being populated into a listbox, I would:

1) Setup an Event Procedure on the 'Double Click' event on the listbox.
    2) I would then write a bit of code to update the control within the other tab with that patients name, and requery any controls that rely on that information.
    3) I'd finally add a line, like:

Code:
    Me.myTabControlName.SetFocus
    To switch to that tab.

Once done, you'd identify the patient from the list, double click them in the listbox, and the form will then take you to the tab (in this example named 'myTabControlName'), and populate all the data for that patient.

Is that what you meant/wanted to happen?
    Looking for the perfect beer...

The patients aren't in a list box. I based my form off a report that lists the names of patients with a certain illness. It's a continuous form not a list box.

Be more specific with your terminology, as I can't see it, all I can base my mental image off is from your description.

A report and a form aren't the same thing. Are the patients names appearing within a Form object, or within a Report object?

If a report, I'm not sure how you're going to get a button on there.

If on a form, I would question why you would have a potentially huge number of separate buttons, when you could just as easily populate a listbox with all the patients in question.

Are you able to post a sample database to show what you mean exactly?

If I used a list box, how would I make the name clickable and then populate a subform with related information to the patient that was clicked in the list box?

You would manipulate it with VBA.

Like I have done quickly in the attached file.

For a subform, you would use a statement like:

Code:
    Forms!YourSubFormName!YourSubFormControlName.Value = Me.YourListBoxName.Value
    Attached Files Attached Files