Unanswered: Intermittent login error

What would be the possible causes of this intermittent problem when logging in as sa (from MS Access)? Password was right, server has mixed mode authentication. I was not trying to log on with SSPI, but as sa.

Logon,Unknown,Login failed. The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with Windows authentication
    Logon,Unknown,SSPI handshake failed with error code 0x8009030c<c/> state 14 while establishing a connection with integrated security

Thank you.

Provided Answers: 54
    The number of possible causes is huge, but my first guess would be that you're trying to make a DSN-less connection but not explicitly specifying TrustedConnection=No in the connection string. You may not even be explicitly making this connection, it may be made by MS-Access on your behalf which could make it hard to find!

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Phelan View Post
    The number of possible causes is huge, but my first guess would be that you're trying to make a DSN-less connection but not explicitly specifying TrustedConnection=No in the connection string. You may not even be explicitly making this connection, it may be made by MS-Access on your behalf which could make it hard to find!

-PatP
    You are right - it is DNS-less and I do not specify that. I will try. Thank you very much.