Unanswered: Refreshing parent form footer totals

I have a parent form with two layers of nested subforms Proposal (main-single form), Task (subform-single form) and Labor (subform to Task-continuous forms). I have fields in the Labor subform calculating totals using the DSum function to query the underlying table (Labor). On the AfterUpdate event for the Labor bound text box controls I can use the DoCmd RunCommand acCmdRefreshPage and the footer totals update (repaint and requery do not work) but the subtotals on the Proposal (main) form footer do not. The only way, other than closing and opening the Proposal form, that I've found to get the parent form footer totals to recalculate is to manually select the parent form record and hit refresh. How do I do the equivalent in VBA code (which form and event)? me.parent.repaint and refresh at the form and suform controls does nothing.

Provided Answers: 19
    ReCalc is the Command for doing this sort of thing. From the Subform it'd be

Me.Parent.ReCalc

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Thank you, worked perfectly. Sometimes when you are pulling your hair out you can't see the forest through the trees.

Provided Answers: 19
    Glad we could help!

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007