Unanswered: Use this temp dbspace - is it possible ??

Experts,

In our dev servers; developers often come across the situation that it runs out of temp space.

Is there any option to alot them a specific space ( dbspace ) so that they can do testing and later I can drop that space (dbspace ) ??

In DB2 I used to create a spare tablespace and drop it safely when they are done ??

Give me ideas please. Also I am not informix expert; please advise any relevant commands.

Thanks
    DBFinder

Provided Answers: 1
    Hey, long time no see.

1st question is: is the DBSPACETEMP parameter specified in your ONCONFIG file?
    If not, temp space with be prempted in rootdbs, which may explain why your issue uses to occur.
    So you can specify one or several temp dbspaces for DBSPACETEMP onconfig parameter.
    The other solution is to create a temp dbspace and specify it in the DBSPACETEMP environment variable.

You can create temp dbspaces as much as you wish, and can drop them as long as the temp dbspace is no more in use

Eric,

No, not too long. I am reading your posts and articles regularly. Always in touch.

Yes we have DBSPACETEMP defined. and that is for all regular applications.

So as I inderstood, the DBSPACETEMP env var can tell informix to use adhoc DBSpace as I create for the guys. Later I can drop it.

If so, it is as easy as DB2.

Thanks, I will try this solution ( I will use os files instead of Raw device).

Regards

DBFinder