Unanswered: Running VBA Code

This seems like a simple question and I'm embarrassed to ask it. But how do you run a VBA procedure in Access without having to go to the VBA editor? I'm more familiar with Excel than Access. I'd think by double clicking on the module name from the main Access screen would run it but it takes me to the editor. Thanks.

Provided Answers: 59
    VBA code runs whenever its called
    that could be as part of a macro (callign a function or subroutine)
    but far more likely to be in response to an event within the Access runtime user interfact.
    in design mode yopu'd expect the code editor to appear

there is no ability to run code when in design mode (unless you are debugging the form or report) its not like Excel which is alwasy 'poiused' to do wtuff, Access has a very separate approach. code runs when the form / report / macro is running.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Quote Originally Posted by joewilly1 View Post
    How do you run a VBA procedure in Access without having to go to the VBA editor? I'd think by double clicking on the module name from the main Access screen would run it but it takes me to the editor. Thanks.
    Are you trying to run VBA on a form, or in a module? If it's on a form, it won't be listed in the modules. All you need to do is the click on the command button (or other control) to activate the code that's attached to it.

Sam