Unanswered: Access Connection to hosted SQL database

I don't know if i am going to earn the 'Dumb question of the day' award, but here goes:

I have a SQL Server 2005 database hosted by a provider that has about 500 databases on their site. I am running Access2007 on a Windows 7 Home Premium edition.

What I am trying to do is create a new Access2007 application and attach (i.e: Link) to the SQL Server tables. I am using SQL Authentication.

I have done this before where i attached via ODBC to Oracle, but it was on the corporate network - not on a hosted server. When i try to walk thru the Access process, it does not seem to let me give it the database name. I have the connection string i use in C# (for example: Data Source, Initial Catalog, UserID and Password), but hell if i can figure out how to connect with Access2007.

I don't need a lot of hand holding, but i kick in butt in the right direction would really help at this point.
    Thanks.

Sorry to waste everybody's time:

I slipped and banged my head on the corner of my desk and it all makes sense now. If anybody wants me to post how to do it (i assume everybody here already knows however), just let me know.

Thanks and sorry.

Provided Answers: 1
    Well yes, we all know how to slip and bang our heads on our desks.
    Or did you mean how to set up the connectivity? Go ahead and post a brief description of that!
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

Provided Answers: 11
    I was wondering if I could adapt this "slip and bang" your head process to apply to others in the office. There are a few folks here who need to make some sense.

Provided Answers: 1
    Perhaps its possible to knock sense into people's heads by picking up a desk and slamming the corner of it into their cranium?
    Or perhaps not.
    But regardless of the outcome, the results are bound to please.
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com