Unanswered: Bring data in from Excel and have that data also appear in the form

Hello, what I've been doing in Access is manually typing out the info I need into each form so it will go into the table.

I realized that there's a way to automatically bring in the data from Excel into the Access table. I'd like to do this, but when I bring in data it only appears in the table and not as a separate entry in the form. I want the info to also appear as separate records in the form. Is there a way to do this? Could I do something like make a button on my form that takes in the data from a record from my Excel sheet that will auto-populate every field?

Basically I'm wondering if there's a way that I can auto-populate fields from Excel into the fields on a form so I won't have to type everything manually.

It would be fine even if I had to create a whole new spreadsheet in excel that contains only one entry (the one that I want to populate the form with) and just continually copy and pasting with each record.

Thank you,
    Brad

Not sure exactly what you are asking, but thought I would try to figure it out.

Yes, you can Import Excel data into Access.
    When you "bring" the Excel data in, it will go into a table.

Now you need to link your Excel data table and the one you have in your form.
    There should be a "relationship" between the two.

Not sure of your data, but as an example:

You have a table with Name, address, city, state, Zip.
    The excel data has Salesperson Name, sales visit date, sales visit contact name, sales visit follow up date.

You would want to link the two tables based on the Name and the Salesperson name being equal to each other.

The Form has the base information that you want, the excel data can be a Sub form.

Actually, I'm pretty confident about how to import the data from Excel into Access.

I know it is confusing to read. Maybe I'm not using the correct terminology. Let me try giving an example:

1. I enter data into three records on the form.
    2. I can click the "back" button a couple times. I will see the data that I entered in the three records I created
    3. I import the records through Excel
    4. No new form records that correspond to the imported data appear.

Importing from Excel doesn't create new form entries and that is what I want it to do. This way the users can do things like put the cursor into a textbox and click "Find" to get results, filter, etc. That's what they're used to.

The users will be working exclusively with the forms. So basically here's what I'd like to see happen:

1. The data is imported from Excel into Access
    2. A new record on the form is created for each entry that was imported into the table

Even if there is a button I can create that, when pressed, would bring in one record from Excel and populate a single form, that would be easier than just manually entering all the fields separately (as there are a lot of them).

I hope that was not as confusing.

Thanks,
    Brad

Hello, what I've been doing in Access is manually typing out the info from Excel into a form so it will go into the Access table and appear in a new record on the form.

I know how to bring in the data from Excel into the Access table, but when I bring in the data it only appears in the table. I want it to create a separate entry in the form as well. This is because the users managing the data don't look in the table (only in the form). Is there a way to do this?

Could I do something like make a button on my form that, when pressed, will populate the forms fields from the Excel sheet?

Thank you,
    Brad

If you Appended the Excel data when importing into a table that is also attached to a form, you should be able to see the Excel data.

Then the users can have info that was in Excel and add more records, change information, etc.