Provided Answers: 1

Question Unanswered: Safe Adjusting USERS Tablespace Size?

I was connected to my Oracle 11g R2 instance and saw my USERS tablespace is default at 5 MB in disk size and currently my almost empty Oracle 11g instance is showing USERS to be 0.8% free of 5 MB. I'm guessing this will be an issue as more users begin to use the tablespace. Is there any issues or problems with adjusting the tablespace to be larger assuming disk space is of no concern at all? Can I just allocate like 200 MB to USERS and is this perfectly acceptable?

Obviously I have no quite understood the entire function or reasoning behind 'Tablespace' per this question but I figured I would ask before blindly adjusting the tablespace.

You don't adjust the tablespace, you grow the datafile attached to the tablespace.
    Bill
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Quote Originally Posted by beilstwh View Post
    You don't adjust the tablespace, you grow the datafile attached to the tablespace.
    OK, I'll keep it at 5 MB. When you say "grow" that means that 11g manages the growth of the file? I see a section on USERS that says "Segment Management = AUTO". Is that what you're referring to?

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    You can lead some folks to knowledge, but you can not make them think.
    The average person thinks he's above average!
    For most folks, they don't know, what they don't know.
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

Bill
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.