Thread: Unbound Fields

Unanswered: Unbound Fields

I want to append two tables from one unbound form. Is this possible? I am able to do add to one table using an append query.

Richmond, Virginia USA
    Provided Answers: 19
    Well, sure, but that is not necessarily the best way to handle using one Form to write data to two or more Tables. It all depends on your specific situation. With a clear explanation of your intent we should be able to help you with that.

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Reason for Unbound Form - This is the only solution where I can assign unique serial numbers to multiple users, without using VBA.

I've inherited a database which I am trying to streamline.

I have two tables, tblDocument and tblDocumentStatus. Purpose of the tblDocumentStatus table is to hold historical record for each document in the tblDocument table. tblDocument uses ID, autonumber and primary key. tblDocumentStatus has a ID field, indexed allowing Duplicates. I've created a relationship using the ID from both tables but can not enforce referential integrity.

So when a user/s open the unbound form, each one is assigned a unique serial number. Once all fields have been filled it will append the record to tblDocument and tblDocumentStatus.

The problem is see is that the as soon as the data get appended to tblDocument, the ID is created. This ID needs to be appended to tblDocumentStatus to create that link. This is where I am stumped. Attached is the database.
    Attached Files Attached Files