Unanswered: Need help to design my school's grading system

Hello everyone, It's my first time to post here, i badly needed a database design in msaccess 2010. I will be helping a school friend to have their grading system converted into an msaccess. Currently they are using microsoft excel but they are having problems with their links and in updating links because of too many workbooks and worksheets,

I hope that someone can help me in this problem. I will be attaching some files in microsoft excel so as to give you ideas on how to go about it.

The school has three terms for grading (1st term, 2nd term, and 3rd term), three departments (lower primary, primary, and secondary) . The grading system varies for different subjects, but they have almost the same components (homework, quizzes, classwork, projects, and term exam) and they only differ in percentage for each component.

Their current practice in the school is as follows:

a) each teacher will be given a template in excel per subject and they will be inputting their individual data
    b) Once they are done, they have a checking partner to verify that the input data are correct compared to those that were in their record book.
    c) Same also for the form tutor, they will input also comments, attendance, citizenship grades in the form tutor templates.
    d) Someone is assigned to collate the templates and make a summary sheets for each level and each section.
    e) Lastly they will generate a report card for the current term based from the summary worksheets.

That's all and thank you in advance. I need an idea on how and where to start, especially for the tables that will be needed and their relationship.

attached file

I forgot to attach sample worksheet....but i'm having a hard time uploading my file, it says "invalid file", my file is in the .rar format

Provided Answers: 2
    .rar files aren't permitted. Try .zip instead.
    10% of magic is knowing something that no-one else does. The rest is misdirection.

my sample worksheet file in zip file

Quote Originally Posted by weejas View Post
    .rar files aren't permitted. Try .zip instead.
    thanks for the reply, i'm still waiting for some suggestions for the design of the grading system of the school. Any help and suggestions are highly appreciated. Thanks again.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Provided Answers: 54
    Quote Originally Posted by nolimacnoli View Post
    That's all and thank you in advance. I need an idea on how and where to start, especially for the tables that will be needed and their relationship.
    Is the original assignment posted online somewhere? You've done a good job of summarizing, but I suspect that there are important details that were provided as part of the assignment that haven't made it into your post.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.