Question Unanswered: An exception 'Unhandled Win32 Exception has occurred in db2.exe[660]

Hi All,

I am using Express C 9.7. Now am unable to work on the db2cmd. It shows error like this "An exception 'Unhandled Win32 Exception' has occurred in db2.exe[660]" .Please, Can you help me on this error.

Provided Answers: 18
    Can be caused by many reasons...

What exact version of Windows (output of WinVer command) ?

When did you db2cmd last work correctly?
    What changes did you (or others) make to the workstation since db2cmd last worked?
    What db2 command line causes the exception?

An exception 'Unhandled Win32 Exception has occurred in db2.exe[660]

Hi ,

Am using win 2003 R2 Enterprise edition. CAn you give solution for that error . But, Also i have installed sql server 2005 in the same system

I would check on the OS pre-reqs for DB2 Express-C to make sure your OS is supported. If you have any install problems with DB2 Express-C, then the DB2 Express Community Forum on the IBM website is a better place to get help.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Question An exception 'Unhandled Win32 Exception has occurred in db2.exe[660]

Hi,

I have installed Express C before four months and I have worked db2cmd. But, Last two days I have gotten this error.

Please, Anyone give me a solution for this error. Am unable to write db2 command. But, Instance service is running properly.

If it previously worked, and now it fails, then you (or someone else) has made a change to that Windows Server and/or DB2 server that triggered the failure...

Examine carefully your change records...

You can always re-install the Express-C , at the worst case...

Provided Answers: 11
    windows 32B or 64B ? db2 32B or 64B ?
    1 copy of db2 installed ?
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

An exception 'Unhandled Win32 Exception has occurred in db2.exe[660]

Both windows and db2 are 32 B only. I dont know what i did exactly.

If you don't keep good change-records for your Windows-Server & DB2-server then you will have expensive problem determination...

A re-install (of Express-C) might fix the problem (but that is not guaranteed).

You could dig around in the eventvrw for clues...
    You could reboot the Windows-Server to eliminate any temporary issues

You could eliminate permissions issues (start db2cwadmin.bat in Administrator mode, or with the credentials of either a Domain-admin, or a Local-admin).

Is your Windows server part of a domain?

For the db2 system services (as reported by services.msc) , with which account do they login?
    Have any properties of these accounts (or group memberships) changed recently?

Check ICACLS output for db2.exe and db2bp.exe in case file-system permissions changed.

What is the output of this command in a cmd.exe window:
    tasklist /v | find /i "db2"

Does *every* db2 command in the db2cmd.exe window cause the exception, or only some commands?
    Last edited by db2mor; 07-19-12 at 07:42. Reason: add /v to tasklist command

Smile 'Unhandled Win32 Exception' has occurred in db2.exe

Hi All,
    I resolved below issue, the solution is Have to enter the instance name in the system variable on environment variable. (my computer's properties > Advanced Tab > Environment variable > edit on system variable.
    DB2INSTANCE DB2_SAM2 (inst_name)

Quote Originally Posted by sowndharya View Post
    Hi All,

I am using Express C 9.7. Now am unable to work on the db2cmd. It shows error like this "An exception 'Unhandled Win32 Exception' has occurred in db2.exe[660]" .Please, Can you help me on this error.