Unanswered: Variable Number of Columns on Report

I need to create a report in Access 2010 that provides me sales by brand (lots of brands) sold by store associate name (separate reports for each store in my retail chain)

I have to run this for each store

I want brands as row labels and store associate names as column headers.

There are an inconsistent (but less than 10) number of store associates at each store.

How can I make the fields shown across the top of the report show a variable number of associates........and....how can I have each store associate's sales by vendor show within their column....

It is almost like a pivottable in excel

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Access supports pivot tables as well! Create the underlying table or query, and save it. In the View pull-down menu, select Pivot Table View and have fun with the design. The available fields are in a box on the right of the screen, and you only need to drag-and-drop to get them in the correct places.

Admittedly, Excel's pivot table is a bit more versatile. So if you want to export the underlying data into Excel, and write an Excel keyboard macro to create the pivot table there (so you can do it as a periodic report, for example), go right ahead. Use the DoCmd.OutputTo... statement to export it and open Excel in one step (not including running the macro, of course).

Sam

Thank you Sam!

You're very welcome,

Sam