Unanswered: Converting tables and columns from upper case to lower case.

I want to migrate my existing DB2 database(version 1.5.0) from higher case to lower case(tables/columns) without breaking my script. Is there any feasible solution for that?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

I want to migrate my existing DB2 database(version 1.5.0) from higher case to lower case(tables/columns) ...
    Why?
    I couldn't imagine the rational reason.

DB2 version 1.5.0?

Hi tonkuma,

First of all thanks for your reply. Actually I want to convert the tables/columns to lower case only for reducing the mistakes that might happen in code for referring table/columns name. So I want to convert it to lower case.

Wow. I have never even heard of version 1.5. How old is that?

You might want to consider an upgrade...10.0 just came out. Personally, I run 9.5 on both Linux and Mac.

Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by saket View Post
    I want to convert the tables/columns to lower case only for reducing the mistakes that might happen in code for referring table/columns name
    I'm willing to bet that this will create more mistakes, not less.
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

Well, sometimes I'm using special characters in table names to make sure that all other code uses delimited identifiers. But that's because we have to work with tables created by others (in middle ware) and, thus, don't have control over the actual table names. With the special characters like '-', we find any problems in that area rather quickly during testing.

But attempting to change everything to lower case seems to be rather strange indeed.
    Knut Stolze
    IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator
    IBM Germany Research & Development