Unanswered: Populating Multiselect List Box

Hello all! I've searched the forums for an answer on this, but cant seem to come up with one. But i did see some names i recognized from mdbmakers, so i am hoping someone can let me know how i can get this done.

In an Access Database, I have a form that has 4 multi select boxes on it.

The first has project numbers, when you select one (or more) the next box displays all delivery orders for the selection. Select one or more delivery order, the next box populates, and so on. This works fine and I have no problems storing the selection.

This particular form, though, stores a users default project list. For instance, if a user should only view project a, d, and f, then only a,d, and f would be selected.

Is there a way, after the initial record is created with a,d, and f selected, to load the entire project list and highlight just those projects that have been selected for the user? There could be 20-30 projects out of a list of 100s for some users and I would hate to have a user select everything again, just to add one more project.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by ryan1313; 07-24-12 at 12:06. Reason: ETA Access Database

Please close this post, I am re-submitting under the Access Forum.

Sorry All, I just realized I posted this in the VB section, not the Access section.

Moderator, could you please close this post?

Populating Multiselect List Box with Stored Values

Hello all! I've searched the forums for an answer on this, but cant seem to come up with one. But i did see some names i recognized from mdbmakers, so i am hoping someone can let me know how i can get this done.

In an Access Database, I have a form that has 4 multi select boxes on it.

The first has project numbers, when you select one (or more) the next box displays all delivery orders for the selection. Select one or more delivery order, the next box populates, and so on. This works fine and I have no problems storing the selection.

This particular form, though, stores a users default project list. For instance, if a user should only view project a, d, and f, then only a,d, and f would be selected.

Is there a way, after the initial record is created with a,d, and f selected, to load the entire project list and highlight just those projects that have been selected for the user? There could be 20-30 projects out of a list of 100s for some users and I would hate to have a user select everything again, just to add one more project.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Ok, i solved this so it will work for me. I created a subform with the limited project list records in it, and loop through the each record in the subform and check to see if it is in the list and if so, select it. There is probably a more efficient way to do this, but this works for my needs.